Chickens, Code, and CI/CD
Wow - so we come to the end of my day (I know - it's 2am) and WHAT A DAY!
It's been non-stop.
So, firstly, last night - 24 hours ago I was busy writing a Cribbage game (oh yes, we play a lot of Crib - more on that another day) with Dart that I plan to make into an app at some point and I got a bit carried away so finished at 3am.
Of course, I'm up at 6am for an hour to spend half an hour with the missus and see her off to work and then feed, water and let the chickens out (oh yes, we have 6 chickens - more on that another day) - then I fell asleep until 9.30.
Then it's fire-fighting time at Microchip. I wrote a DJango API last year that makes it really easy for project managers/requirements manager etc. to query Polarion because the Polarion REST API is appalling to use. I then wrote a dashboard called FrostByte (see what I did there? Polar - Frost? never mind) with Python/Django that uses that API.
Some report widgets aren't very easy (to say the least) to do in Polarion with Velocity, one of which is being able to build a unified view of variant workitems alongside those that are referenced in various documents from parent projects - so the dashboard provides that view. I made it look a bit like Polarion too so it integrates nicely.
Aaaaaaanyway, we have an audit tomorrow, and someone has decided that the naming conventions for the document - which the view relies on - didn't apply to their project, so I can't find the referred workitems from them, which prompted a bit of a clue search (witch hunt) as to why the view was broken for this particular project.
Found, worked-around and temporarily patched until I can think of a way that doesn't involved looking for documents that doesn't involved relying on naming conventions.
A chat with my Mum, then 7.30pm dinner with the wife, then chickens away and an hour or so's downtime mutual scrolling and giggling at each other's feed huddled on the sofa. Then she's in bed and I'm working on my VPS because my residential IP address has changed and I haven't anywhere near automated the firewall and MySQL users that need updating when that happens (luckily there's only 2 of us at the moment).
Once that was done I installed SVN server and Jenkins (via Docker) on it (it's a new server) and started uploading projects to them. In the meantime both require DNS changes and SSL certificates because people are dicks.
So. Sorry about the techy kind of post but it has just been one of those days.
Bedtime.
Comments
Post a Comment